Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Knitting and felting

I went to the Knitting Expo today held by Stitches Magazine at the Schaumburg Convention Center with my friend Mary.  I consider myself a fairly new knitter and have fallen in love with knitting.  I knit and then felt (which is just washing the item in hot water to shrink) purses with 100% wool yarn.  I have started to mix in other texture yarns to give the bags a whole other look.  My signature look to the bags is with  a broach and purse handles from recycled purses.  I love the look it gives to the bags.  I got a few new ideas for my bags today, but, was disappointed that I didn't buy very much yarn.  I did find a nice forest green yarn for $2.00 a skein which is a good deal.  I sell my bags on:  pathtojunkentreasure.etsy.com.

I found this great table at a garage sale last year for $10.00 and use it to store yarn that I will be using in the near future.  I had to wait for someone else to put it back before I could snatch it.  I followed the person around the sale for a few minutes.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment