Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

What a fun filled weekend I had!  Thursday started me out at a barn sale where I bought some decorative bricks ($1 each) for my garden.  I want to trim a small part of my flower garden with them.  I also bought some cute trim, $1 per bag full,  (just like I said I would look for).   

On Friday,  I went to 2 rummage sales and quite a few garage sales.  Of course, I bought some more milk glass and a pumpkin cookie jar, for $3, for my Mother's collection.  I didn't find anything at the one rummage sale in McHenry, but I did at the rummage sale in Ringwood.  In addition to the cookie jar, I also bought quite a lot of comic books for the kids at 10 cents each.  Pretty hard to pass up at that price.

Saturday took the kids and me to my cousin Barb's house to celebrate her birthday.  We stopped at a store called Half Price Books in Highland Park.  A few weeks ago, we took in a box of books and they gave us $15 for them.  They buy anything in print or recorded.  So, I'm now busy collecting other books and CD's etc to sell to them in a few weeks.  The kids found good prices on some books and video games.  We also visited the Grand Opening of the Goodwill store in Northbrook.  Boy was it packed with shoppers.  People were also dropping off donations.  I did find a milk glass (of course) punch bowl for $5 (It is now on my kitchen counter holding snacks) and some toys.  Target donates a lot of new items to them and there were also racks and racks of new Halloween costumes.  We had a great day which ended with a pizza and birthday cake.

On Sunday, the kids and I went to the last Elkhorn Flea Market, in Elkhorn WI, for the season.  It rained on and off and quite a few vendors left.  We ducked inside the buildings to shop during the rain and did have some rain free moments.  The kids bought some Japanese Pokemon from our favorite toy vendor.  We were disappointed to learn that they won't be selling at Elkhorn next year.  Only at the Cedarburg WI flea market.  We haven't been there yet and can't wait to go.  The town is supposed to be really quaint with a lot of cute shops.  Too bad it rained for most of the day.  The last flea market is my favorite because of all of the autumn and holiday items.  Since most of the vendors left or were covered up, it was hard to find these things.  I did buy some jewelry, one of which was a 3 coin bracelet., so the day was not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment