Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Few Sales

I went to the McHenry Library sale today and only spent $3.50.  I didn't find any manga books or video games.  Kind of disappointing.  I did find a quilting book and a few other books.  If you were looking for kids books, they were 25 cents each.  Paperbacks were 50 cents and hardcovers were $1.  The prices were good.  I just wish they had more books that I was looking for.

I stopped at 2 estate sales in Cary.  At the first one, I bought a vintage goldtone pin for $2.  I knew that it had a name on it, but didn't really look until I got home.  It was Kramer.  I didn't know the name so I looked it up in my jewelry book.  Kramer made pins until the 1970's and the ones shown in the book were with rhinestones or other stones.  So, it's a good name.  I'll hang on to it and wear it.  The second sale was a Caring Transitions sale.  The house was FULL.  I only found a needlepoint with roses for $4.  It is the perfect size to make a pillow.  I think that was the original purpose of the piece.   I am going to make a pillow from it after I finish Austin's quilt.  Which, by the way, is almost done.  I only have the binding to finish.  I'll post a picture when I finish it.

Thursday April 26th at 3pm is the First Presbyterian Church rummage sale on Route 47.  I haven't been to a sale at the church since they were located in downtown Woodstock.  They moved to this location a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment