Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Congregational Rummage Sale

I went to the First Congregational Church rummage sale on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake today.  I only had to stand in the rain for about 20 minutes.  Not so bad.  I had people to talk to.  There were no items outside today.  No gardening items like usual.  At least it was better inside.  There were a lot of people though.  I found some nice fabric for $1.50 each bag, 5 doilies for $1, a heart pin for $1.50, all kinds of greeting cards/2 packs for 75 cents, a tin of Pokemon cards for $2, Tech Deck skateboard toys for $3, a Spongebob DVD 3 pack for $2, a Captain American huge comic book for 50 cents, a bag with a Bionicle and Bakugan toys for $1, a ceramic turtle 25 cents and a Japanese fan for 25 cents.  It was a lot of fun today.  This is another good sale to go to.

I then stopped at Savers in Crystal Lake because they were having a buy 1 get 1 free sale.  Limit 1 and you had to spend at least $10.  I bought some patriotic flag pins 4 for $3.98, an artist made bead bracelet for $1.99 and a cool white stone/gold tone ring for $2.99. The pin is marked Vogue and my jewerly book said that Vogue changed its name in 1963.  Pretty good buy.  I will definitely wear this ring.

Friday morning is the church rummage sale in Ringwood.  This is a hit or miss sale, but I'll be going anyway.  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment