Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Look What I Found

I actually went garage saleing this morning.  Usually I'm busy taking the kids to Pokemon on Saturday mornings and not able to go to sales.  I went to a more vintage sale in Woodstock and found a really nice green petaled bowl for $4, an aluminum ladle for $1, a vintage metal can for $1 and a vintage Shawnee horse planter for $3. 

On the way to a Pokemon event this afternoon, we stopped at a 15 vendor sale at the Stratford Banquet hall in Harvard.  I found a milk glass shell like candle holder for $5.  I don't have anything like it in my milk glass collection.  It is in very good condition. 

I soaked my vintage linen buys today in Oxyclean and they came out really clean and bright.  I also washed all of the fabric and now have to put them away.  (Ugh!)  I hope to make a pillow soon with some linens that I purchased last week.  We'll see how tomorrow goes since Austin will be celebrating his birthday with some friends at our house.  I probably won't get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment