Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, April 13, 2012

More Treasures

On the way to taking the kids to school on Thursday, we left early and stopped at the Zion Lutheran Church Rummage sale in McHenry.  We got there as everyone was going in.  It is usually a smaller sale, but we always manage to find something.  I found a great seashell covered cup for $1, a pin for 50 cents, a nutcracker for Austin for $1, a DVD for $1, some kids books for 25-50 cents each, 3 small animal figurines for 25 cents each, and as we were about to pay, I spotted a parrot cookie jar for $3.  Someone must have put it back since it wasn't there when I walked by originally.  That is why it is always a good idea to go around the sale a few times because people put things back.  The kids got to school with lots of time to spare even after stopping at the rummage sale.  Not bad!  It gives us a mission and a goal.

I also stopped at about 6 garage sales, and only found something at 1 of them.  You never know.  There are good days and bad days.  I found a vintage milk glass plate that was handpainted with a poinsetta on it for $1, a doily for 25 cents and a book for $2.  I was happy with these few things.  I even saw some rummage sale friends.

I noticed that the Methodist Church on South Street in Woodstock will be having their rummage sale on Thursday April 19.  The First Congregational Church in Crystal Lake will be having their sale on Wednesday April 25.

Today, I went to an estate sale in Crystal Lake held by Caring Transitions.  They had a list of all of their sales in the next 2 months on the door of the sale.  Should be fun.  This house was full of stuff and alot of it were things that I collect.  They had aluminum items so it took me a while to look at it.  I had most of it, but found a nice grape pattern bowl with a unique handle made by Hammercraft.  I didn't have anything like it and it was only $4.  I found 1 piece of fabric, 4 pins (a turtle, vintage flower, and 2 Christmas pins).  I got a deal on the pins, but they were $4-$8 each.  Still a good price, especially for the Christmas pins.  I also found a sewing book with patterns for $3, and a Sonic Genesis video game for $2.  It was fun to look through this house.  It is always fun to go to estate sales to see what others are selling, how much things are going for and what the inside of these houses look like.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment