Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Out and About

Boy! What a busy day.  We started out by going to a garage sale around the corner from our house and didn't find a thing.  I only had a dog jump all over me to play.  We were making a trip to the Burlington Coat Factory at the Gurnee Mills Mall in Gurnee to buy Ethan a suit.  (They really do have the best selection of suits at great prices.)  He was accepted into the Junior National Honor Society and he needed a suit for the ceremony.  We found him (after over 1 hour of trying on almost every suit) a Ralph Lauren suit that was originally $475 marked down to $149.  It was still a little pricey, but it fit him perfectly.  He didn't care about the designer.   He didn't even have a clue who it was until I told him about Ralph Lauren. 

We then made our way to Half Price Books in Highland Park to get rid of 3 boxes of books left over from our garage sale.  We got $25 for them and spent $26 on other books.  We even had a 15% off coupon that we used.  It's a good thing that we only had to pay $1 out of my pocket.  It really is the place to get rid of books etc., and to get paid for them.

So, of course, on the way home we stopped at the Goodwill in Lake Zurich.  I found a really cool bracelet for $3.99, a vintage coin glass pedestal bowl for $3.99, a milk glass vase for $3.99, and Austin found a Sonic GameGear game for $2.99. 

We were so exhausted after being out for over 7 hours.  I had a schedule to keep, and I'm so proud that we only went to the places that were on our list.  I was tempted to shop at Gurnee Mills, but, I'll save that for another day.  When I'm alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment