Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Chair!

Since Ethan was off of school yesterday, we went to the Goodwill in Lake Zurich.  We found a great vintage chair for $6.99.  How could anyone pass up a chair for that price?  It has great wooden carved legs with claw feet.  It just needed to have a few spots treated.  I washed those areas and it all came out.  I then let it soak up the sun and heat all day.  It is now Austin's basement chair to sit in while playing the Xbox.  It was Ethan's idea to buy it and I'm glad that we did.  I need to have my own garage sale soon since I have some chairs and bigger items that I need to sell to make room in the basement.  I'm shooting to have a sale in July. 

Today/Thursday:  It has been raining all day and it is only 47 degrees.  But, that didn't stop us from garage saleing before picking up Austin from his last day of school.  We stopped at an estate sale in McHenry and found some turtles and frogs for 50 cents each for the garden.  Then, we tried to do a neighborhood garage sale in McHenry (a yearly sale that I love to go to).  We went to as many as we could before freezing and getting really wet.  We found lots of video games on average of $2-3 each, Star Wars toys for 10 cents to $1, a super soaker for $1, nerf like machine gun with bullets for $3, some more frogs for the garden at 10 cents each, video game accessories, a great silver/turquoise belt buckle with leather belt for $1, a white beaded purse for $2, and lots of vintage jewelry for 50 cents to $3 each.  The jewelry and purse belonged to this women's mother in law so they had to be at least 40 years old.  I love finding this kind of stuff.  I wish the weather was better because there were a lot of houses to still go to and some that were closed and will open tomorrow. 

There are a few good sales this weekend and a rummage sale at St Johns Church in Woodstock on Friday.   Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment