Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Elkhorn Flea Market

Today was the long awaited opening day of the Elkhorn Flea Market at the Fair Grounds in Elkhorn Wisconsin.  The admission is $5 per person with kids under 12 admitted for free.  Ethan is older than 12, but the girl at the gate didn't make us pay for him.  The weather was beautiful!  Usually we are wearing heavy coats and it's raining.  Today, no coats and the sun was shining.  The place was packed, but that was to be expected.  We found so many fun things.  I hope I can remember them all.  I found a musical piano at the booth that my friend Chris has.  It was $5.  I usually give the kids 1 every year at their piano recital.  So, I'm always on the lookout for them.  It was a nice gold metal one.  I bought 2-1950's silk scarves of Chicago for $3 each, one green and one red, a kids hankie with a squirrel on it for $2, a great sterling ring with gems designed as a flower for $20, a concrete gnome riding on a swan for my garden for $15 (all other gnomes I saw were priced from $30-$45), 4 new knitting needles for 25 cents, an African wood sculpture for $1, a Star Wars toy for $5, a vintage Wolverine telephone in the original box for $5, 4 doilies for 50 cents each, a sword for $4, Pokemon fabric for $2, and the best deal of the day was a rabbit fur coat for $5.  I saw the rack of vintage clothes with the sign:  All Clothes $5.  How could I resist?  I tried on the coat and it was love at first sight.  The lining was in great condition, so I was sold. 

We always end up buying lots of food to keep us going.  We arrived at 7am and left by 11:30am.  Nothing like having a pickle on a stick for $1 at 7:30 in the morning.  I saw a really nice vintage Coach purse in powder blue for $50.  She was willing to give it to me for $42, but my wallet didn't fit into it.  I liked it a lot, but it was a lot smaller then I like my purses to be.  Someone else got a great deal today.  It was in like new condition.  The dealers were willing to make lots of deals today.  It was a great day to be there.

Next Sunday is the flea market in Cedarburg Wisconsin.  I have never been to that one.  Our favorite dealer of toys/Pokemon toys is doing that show now.  We are going to try to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment