Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, May 25, 2012

More Memorial Day Weekend Sales

There were not a lot of sales today, but there were good ones.  I stopped at an estate sale in McHenry and found an Everlast aluminum handled tray for $3.  I stopped at my neighbor's garage sale and spent at least an hour going through all of the stuff.  There are 5 families selling at her sale.  I found the kids Pokemon stuff, and old video games and systems for $2.  I will take them back tomorrow morning to look for more things. 

I went to a few garage sales in Woodstock and found a Rodney Kent aluminum bowl for $1, a vintage rubber rabbit kids toy for 10 cents, and a Vera scarf for 50 cents.  Now I am finding more Vera scarfs since I'm on the lookout for them.  I went to Lois's barn sale on Garden Valley Road.  She always has such cool stuff.  I went home with a box full.  I found linens for 25 cents each, a lighthouse watercolor painting for $3, a Shawnee pottery piece for $4, a blue pedestal glass dish for $4, a milk glass covered piece for $2, a seashell pottery piece for $4, and a Star Wars stuffed animal for 50 cents.  The next Autumn Drive will be on Oct 19-21 on Garden Valley Rd and Franklinville Road in Woodstock/Marengo.   Rain or shine.  I have been there through both and even bitter cold, but it is well worth it.  It is already on my calendar. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  Hope you get to go treasure hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment