Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Hunting

It is so nice to be back at home garage saleing in my area.  The kids and I hit some sales today.  Only found some things at one of the sales, but what fun that was.  I found doilies for $1 each, an old made in Japan miniature vase for $2, and an Arthur Armour casserole dish for $4.  I spotted the lid and when I picked it up and saw his hallmark I was thrilled.  It wasn't on the correct bottom so when I asked about it, the man said that he couldn't find it.  I looked around and found some more aluminum pieces that he was selling and spotted it with the wrong lid.  I solved the mystery for him and he gave it to me for $4.  That's 2 Arthur Armour pieces in a few days.  I hope I'm on a roll.    I spent most of the day soaking my doilies and tablecloths that I purchased recently.  I really got some nice ones.  More items have been added to my garage sale box.  I didn't think I had anything to sell until I really started looking at what I had.  The box is really full at this point and I still have things to go through.

The kids and I went to the Algonquin library sale and bought a bag full of books, dvd's and a video game.  Only spent $32 this time.  Their next sale is Nov 8-11.  We also had our free cookies and lemonade.  Always a nice way to end the sale.

Saturday is a kids sale on the square in Woodstock while the Farmer's Market is going on.  We usually find things there as it is a sale run by kids and only kids stuff is sold.

Saturday and Sunday is the Mukwonago Wisconsin flea market.  We really like this flea market.  We will be going on Sunday.  Can't wait to get the deep fried cheese curds.

No comments:

Post a Comment