Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Lovin' Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

We spent 3 days at Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.  I love that town!  It has so much to offer and to see.  We stayed at the Osthoff Resort (sometimes the rooms are pricey), but you get a campfire smores night on Saturday on the beach (for free). 

We spent Saturday morning at the Farmers Market where we bought cheap but delicious vegetables.  A container of sun gold cherry tomatoes for $1 and a bunch of carrots for $1, muffins for $1.50, the most delicious chocolate scones for $3 each and homemade pecan brittle for $4.  We had a great time.  I also bought a vintage pink stone pin.  They have crafts and antiques mixed in the market.  We bought a Subway lunch and enjoyed it with our vegetables purchase.  It made for a great lunch.

We also explored the great stores that are in the area.  I didn't find any treasures this year, but they had some great items that were tempting the other shoppers. 

We decided to explore the town of Plymouth that is only about 7 miles from Elkhart Lake.  The town has artist painted murals on a lot of the buildings downtown.  The shop owners were so nice.  I especially liked a store called A Vintage Shop on East Mill St.  They have a vast collection of vintage clothing, hats, purses, shoes, jewelry, linens, barkcloth, bakelite, glassware and art pottery from 1850-1980.  It was amazing and a little overwhelming.  You do need some time to shop there.  But, it is a must stop if you are in the area.  The other store I really liked is on the corner of Mill St when you enter town.  (I think it is Fibbers McGee-I forgot to write down the name).   Anyway, it is a nice town to visit.

I always look forward to visiting Elkhart Lake.  Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment