Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rainy Thursday

Boy did it rain this morning.  We were all set to go out treasure hunting until the sky turned black and the rain fell for hours.  It stopped close to 10am and we set out to see who was open.  We went to a subdivision sale in Woodstock.   At the first house, I found a leaf trellis for $1 and a black cast iron water pump with stand for $5.  I was happy!  At the next house I found a box of hundreds of cut up vintage fabric pieces for quilting for $2 and 2 handbags for $4 each.  The one bag is covered in multi colored sequins and labeled Lord and Taylor.  The original price tag is still attached.  The other bag belonged to the woman's mother and was crocheted for her.  It is truly wonderful.  We stopped at the other houses that were open, but didn't find anything else.  Tomorrow we will try again since it is supposed to be a great day.

There is a church rummage sale tomorrow at Joyful Harvest Church in Johnsburg and one in Harvard.  On Saturday, there is a kids garage sale in Cary at Lions Park from 9-12.  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment