Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun Filled Weekend!

Well, today was the last Elkhorn Flea Market for the season and I was on my own.  (Caldwell took the boys to a Pokemon tournament.)  It was so weird to go by myself.  It was a beautiful day.  A little chilly in the early morning, but it warmed up nicely by 10am.  The flea market was filled with people.  It was kind of hard to pull around my wagon without bumping into anyone.  I found a few things:  a Louis Vutton handbag for $10 in great condition, a milk glass vase for $4, a bracelet for $5 and a doily for $2.  It was so nice to see all of the booths decorated for the fall with pumpkins and fall items.  I had a great time.  The leaf colors were fabulous in Wisconsin.  That was worth the trip.

I made it to the Loyola Resurrection Center Fest also today.  I walked around for a while and had some food to eat.  There was: salad, squash soup, homemade bread, zucchini, chicken, chocolate chip cookie and a drink.  All for free.  (Donations were accepted).  It was a beautiful day to be out on their property.  Lots of families were there since there were activities for the kids also. 

I also visited Savers today in Crystal Lake.  I finally used my $3 off coupon.  (Everytime you donate a bag of items, they give you a $3 off coupon for future purchases.)  They have opened up another Savers in Lake Zurich on S. Rand Rd.  That will be a future trip so that I can stop at the Goodwill also.  I found a mask for 99 cents for the boy plus some other items for them, a pin for $4 and a bracelet for $4.  What a fun day I have had!

Yesterday, we visited my cousin Barb and went to Half Price Books in Highland Park.  I took some books/magazines/video games that we didn't want and got $8 for them.  I love that place!  It's a good way to make some money while cleaning out.  Of course, we found some books to buy and I used my 15% off coupon along with the money voucher for the books that we sold to them.  I only ended up spending $5.

I'm already looking forward to this weeks sales.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment