Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Guess What I Found?

I was garage saleing in McHenry today and guess what I found for 50 cents?  A seashell heart shaped box.  I guess since Summer is over everyone is getting rid of their summertime memories.  Better for me.  I stopped at a sale on Cherry Valley Road in Bull Valley and found 2 benches for $2 each and a cement duck for 50 cents.  In Crystal Lake there were 5 houses on the same block having sales and I found a vintage made in Japan planter for $1.75.  (It is really cute).  I also found a lot of Simpsons comic books for 10 cents each and an embroidered doily for 25 cents.  I put the benches in my backyard since the boys are always complaining that they have nowhere to sit after they have run around for a while.

Tomorrow is a church rummage sale in Ringwood and a Caring Transitions estate sale in Crystal Lake.  Should be fun!  There are also a lot of garage sales listed in the newspaper.

On Sunday, the boys and I went up to Kenosha to Outpost Gaming for a Pokemon Tournament.  Ethan won 3rd place and was given a special tounament card and 3 packs of cards as his prize.  He was so excited and can't wait to add it to his gaming blog.  The store will be adding all of the winners to their website. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment