Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

More Fun Things

Yesterday I went to the Sparrows Nest in Cary while Austin was at Pokemon.  I found a white seat bench that I thought would be great to use in the basement to hold Austin's growing collection of Star Wars items.  It was $25 and had just been brought in the day before.  (Austin has the exact same bench in blue in his bedroom that I bought at Interiors Anew before he was born).  I used my 25% off card (I can never hold on to discount cards for long) so I saved over $6.  I was happy with the price.  The Star Wars items fit nicely into it.  Good thing because today we stopped at the Goodwill in Huntley and found a small bag of Star Wars figures for 99 cents.  The basement now has most everything contained and looks very nice.   Not as cluttered as it used to look. 

I took the kids to the Woodstock Harvestfest today.  It was nice to see some friends and the kids made a rope the old fashioned way.  The weather was beautiful.  A perfect way to spend the afternoon.

The newest issue of Flea Market Style magazine is out.  There was an article on the Ugly fun crafts from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's.  Some of those items are in my collection.  I have 2 boxes made from greeting cards.  I have one for Valentine's Day and one for Christmas.  I love them!  The funny thing is that seashell boxes were also included.  I love seashell boxes and have just started to collect them.  They remind me of my Jersey shore childhood and I just think that they are so lovely.  I have 6 so far and 2 other items with seashells on them.  So, I sent a picture to the magazine to show them how lovely mine are.  They responded with a nice note about how they were excited to see my collection and how happy they were that I have fun collecting them.  It's so nice to have others like what you like.  I am always on the lookout for seashell items.  You never know where they will be found.

Ethan has started his own blog to review video games and everything related to video games.  He is having a blast working on it and has plunged head on into it.  It is:  games4forall.  Take a look at it or pass it along to someone who loves video games.  He has already had some readers and didn't even announce it yet to even his friends.  I'm so excited for him since (so far anyway) he wants to be video game designer as his future profession.  More power to him!

There are a few church rummage sales this week.  One is in Richmond and one is in Johnsburg.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment