Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 Fun Sales

Today was the rummage sale at the First Congregational Church on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake.  I never saw so many people on line.  I was toward the back since I had to stop and talk to everyone that I knew.  I was disappointed in this sale.  I only found a Transformer toy for $1, a book for $1 and a yellow miniature vase for 25 cents. 

After that, I stopped at a Willow Gate estate sale in Crystal Lake.  The house was loaded.  Especially with retro clothing.  I was there for over 1 hour and found a couple of nice things.  I found a large painted vase for $12 (I always wanted one), a wrought iron stand for $12, a hand embroidered shawl for $3, a patent leather blue purse for $4 and a pearl collar for $6.  I had never seen so much clothing.  It was spread out throught the house in every closet available.  It was fun going through these things and imagining what fun she must have had. 

There are some other estate sales tomorrow plus a few garage sales.  Saturday and Sunday is the Craft fair at Crystal Lake South High School.  I like this sale and look forward to it every year.  There is a $2 admission fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment