Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Autumn Drive

Oops, I forgot to take pictures at Autumn Drive today.  My cousin Barb and I were having so much fun plus it was really raining at times, that I didn't even think about pictures.  We spent about 1 hour at Lois's barn and bought a lot of fun jewelry.  Barb even bought bracelets for Christmas presents and finished shopping for her coworkers.  (A few things for herself, of course, too).  I found some cute bracelets for $5 each, a pin with matching earrings for $5, a large pearl ring for $1 and a great Amethyst sterling silver ring for $22.  (I splurged because I loved it!)  The one bracelet is marked Coro.  Even better.  When we were leaving the barn, the rain was really coming down.  We then made our way down the road to the farm stand and I bought 9 acorn squash (my favorite) for 50 cents each and Barb bought 2 pumpkins for $3.  We were walking around using our umbrellas.  It was a lot of fun.

We stopped at the Redeemer Lutheran Church on Dean Street in Woodstock for a rummage sale.  I only found a bag for its handle for $1.  It was a funky blue color.  Really unique.  We also stopped at an estate sale in McHenry and didn't buy anything.

It was a fun day even with the crazy weather.  Autumn Drive is this weekend also and the weather is supposed to be great.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment