Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fort Wayne, Indiana

We were in Fort Wayne Indiana over the weekend for the Regional Pokemon Championships.  I spent most of my time inside the Convention Center, but managed to sneak away for an hour.  I went to the Goodwill and didn't know that it was 50% off that day.  The store was swamped.  They even had a police officer inside.  Anyway, I found a vintage lucite hinged bracelet with starfish and shells inside of it for $1.50 (was $3) and a vintage silvertone pin for $1 (it was $2). It was worth waiting on line for these items.  The lady in front of me was nice enough to let me go before her since I only had 2 items. 

I wish I could have seen more of the city.  Maybe next time.

Oct 25th at 5pm is the Methodist Church rummage sale in Crystal Lake on Crystal Lake Street.  This has always been a larger sale except for the past few times.  Hopefully it will be big this time. 

Sparrows Nest in McHenry, Palatine and Cary will open their Christmas Shop on Tuesday, Oct 16th.  Woodstock opens the week later.  They will be closed on Mondays before the sale to get the store ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment