Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Tree

We put up our tree this weekend.  It is always decorated in white lights (which is the part I have a hard time doing).  Nothing like having Neil Diamond's Christmas songs playing in the background while decorating the tree.  It really was a lot of fun and the kids love fighting over who gets which ornament to hang.

I tried taking pictures in all kinds of light, but the pictures didn't come out like I wanted.  I'm posting one of them, but it doesn't do the tree justice.  It is very wide and full.  This year we used vintage ornaments, whether really vintage or just vintage looking but new.  I also hung a lot of the crafty ornaments that I have. 

It was a good time to sort through my ornaments and set up a discard pile for my garage sale.  I managed to clean up quite a bit so that I have room for all of the new ornaments that I bought this year.  I'm doing the same thing with the vintage Christmas tablecloths that I have.  I'm going to be selling some of them on my Ebay site:  milena2000.  It always feel like I'm losing something from myself when I get rid of things from my vintage collection.  I know that I need to pair down regularly, but it still feels hard.  Matthew Mead (see his blog and website:  www.holidaywithmatthewmead.com) is doing the same this weekend.  Too bad I don't live in New Hampshire because I would be adding to my collection instead of cleansing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment