Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookies and Buttons

Cookies and buttons.  Some combination huh?

I spent this morning baking chocolate chip peanut butter cookies (I found a really great recipe to try.)  I had been looking forward to this all week.  So, in between eating and eating the cookies (I needed to make sure that they tasted good for others), I went through a tin of buttons that my mother had sent to me.  She found them at a garage sale for $1.  So many of them were vintage.  They were also pretty dirty so I wiped off each and every one of them.  I didn't really mind since I was waiting for batches of cookies to get done. 

The buttons were so wonderful.  I separated them into piles of what I would be using soon.  (I added them to my red suitcase button collection.)  I am trying to finish up on a scarf that I am knitting.  It will have flowers on it and I'm going to use the buttons for the center of the flowers.  I have my idea in my mind.  I just hope that it comes out the way I am planning.  But, sometimes I love what happens instead.   It's the surprise ending that comes out better than I could have planned.

I'll be making peanut butter blossom (kisses) cookies this weekend.  Notice the theme of peanut butter.  I love peanut butter! 

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment