Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Creating and More Creating

I have been busy, busy, busy organizing and purging my collections.  I just finished going through all of my vintage tablecloths, hand towels and needlepoint treasures.  I have a pile that I am going to part with.  That leaves room in my closet to begin collecting again when the sales start.

I had been collecting pretty plates and items that would make a fun project.  (I used a clear glass candlestick, a milk glass drinking cup and a gold gilded ashtray.  Each item cost me between 25-50 cents.  Each cake plate cost about 75 cents to $1 to make.)  I wanted to make pedestal cake plates.  I made a few the other day.  The glue that was recommended didn't work as well as I had wanted it to, so I had a lot of redos.  But finally, they stuck.  I'm happy with the results.  They will make nice presents.

Last year, I made a few Christmas stockings with vintage tablecloths that had holes in them.  (Remember, never cut up perfectly good vintage tablecloths.  Only the ones that have holes in them or have other major problems.)   I also used vintage ribbons that I had been saving.  I gave some of those stockings out as gifts this year filled with goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment