Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Feeling Blue?

I'm still finding stuff to do inside now that the cold weather is here.  More organizing and purging along with crafting.  I made 4 more felt stars with the rest of the vintage pieces that I had.  Austin loved the grey one so much that he kept it.  He has a silver aluminum tree in his room, all year round, and he hung it on that alongside the other ornaments that he has.  He is the collector! (or packrat).  Now I have other treasures to look for at sales.  I'll be on the lookout for pieces that will look good on the stars.

I stopped in at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry where they have lots of springlike dishes and plates.  I found a really nice blue/white square pottery plate for $1.50 and a vintage made in Japan miniature leaf dish for $1.50.  Both with the blue theme.  I'll use them for summer decorating when I bring out the blue/white treasures.  How far away is summer anyway?  Wishful thinking when the weather is so cold.

There are lots of birthdays coming up in February that I am planning for.  Good thing that I shop all year round for gifts.  It's always fun to find something that you know the person will love and that the treasure is unique. 

I did stop by the Material Girl store in Crystal Lake for their sidewalk sale.  They had a lot of great fabric on sale for $4 per yard.  It is a really neat store to browse in.  I got some great ideas for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment