Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally a Sale!

Finally an estate sale!  I was starting to go stir crazy.  Caring Transitions had an estate sale in Huntley.  Today was half price.  I spent a total of $2.50.  I bought a colander for $1 (I am going to plant something in it in the spring) and a Pennsylvania tray for $1.50.  That will go into my mom's mother's day package.  Even though I didn't find a lot, I had a fun time.  I can't wait until there are more sales.

On a side note:  I stopped at the Huntley outlets today and found some good sales at Tommy Hilfiger.  It is worth the trip if you need some winter clothes. 

Since I was in Huntley, I thought why not stop in the Goodwill and Sweet Repeats Thrift store.  I only found a Japanese Pokemon dvd for the boys at the Goodwill for $1.99.  At Sweet Repeats, they were having a clothes bag sale and they were doing a bingo ball game to determine what percentage off you got on your purchase.  I got 10% off.  As I was walking through the store, I spotted milk glass under a silk flower arrangement.  So, I lifted out the flowers and found a wonderful milk glass bowl for $12.  But, since I was getting 10% off, I thought why not.  It is really beautiful and I didn't have anything like it.  I didn't find any chips or cracks either.  I was so excited with this new addition to my milk glass collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment