Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Pillows

I have been wanting to make some new pillows for my living room.  Every time I read a magazine, I think of pillows and colors that I want to use and make.  All of the magazines are showing such wonderful colors for spring like seafoam green and pale blues.  I love the colors and wanted to brighten up my living room.  The pillows really did make a difference.  Maybe just because they are something new.  I'm happy with the look.

I have been going towards seafoam green and pale blues a lot recently.  So, I went through my stash of garage sale fabrics that I had and picked the ones closest to those colors.  The one pillow has blue and brown in it.  I didn't want to put any trim on it because I thought the pattern was wonderful just the way it was and wanted to draw attention to the color and pattern.  The other pillow has a great floral pattern with a greenish background.  I found an applique piece that I had made a few years ago and used that as the focal point for my pillow.    I kept these two pillows simple this time.  They blend in well with the other pillows that I made. 

There are two more pillows that I would like to make.  I'm coming up with ideas for those, but already have the fabric picked out.  I just may keep those simple also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment