Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentines Valentines

So much to think about and do on a cold snowy day.  I made 8 valentines with red felt, vintage flowers, ornaments and yarn.  I made them in much the same way that I made the stars.  I even found a paper Mother heart in gold that I attached to one of the hearts.  I would love to keep them all for ME, but I won't.  I love giving things away much more than I like to keep them for myself.  I bought a bag full of the vintage flowers and other pieces at a garage sale a few years ago for $1 and I used most of them on the valentines.  They really turned out cute.

Even though it is snowing, I am getting ready for teaching a class on Alliums (one of my favorite flowers) at Gardenfest at McHenry County College on April 6th.  Registration is open now so make sure that you pick the classes that you want to attend.  For those of you who don't know about it, it is an all day event of gardening classes held by the McHenry County University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners (I am starting my 6th year as a Master Gardener, yay!) and the college.  It is $40 which includes lunch, lab fees are additional.  It is a great event and the keynote is Bruce Spangenberg who is the Horticultural Chair and Instructor at the college.  There are also great vendors to buy from.  It is a great day and we have so much fun.  If you live locally, plan on attending.  Just contact the college for more information.  It is never to early to be dreaming of spring and planting.

Tomorrow Thursday 1/24, the Material Girl store in Crystal Lake (across from the Raue Center) is having a sidewalk sale starting at 10am.  I haven't been to a sale of theirs, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have on sale.  It should be a nice way to spend some warm time for a pick me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment