Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Rick's Picks

Since it was the last Friday of spring break, the kids and I decided to do something fun.  We visited the Burpee Museum in Rockford to see Rick's Picks. Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick had his treasures on exhibit.  It was so great to see so much rock-n-roll history.  The kids especially loved his unique guitar collection.  I loved his silver suit.  The exhibit goes on for a short while in April.  It is well worth the visit.

We stopped at the estate sale in McHenry on the way home and didn't find a thing.  Oh well.  That happens sometimes.  Instead, I went through my spring and summer clothes and have a full bag for my next garage sale.  It always feels good to organize and get rid of clothes that no longer fit or that I haven't worn in over one year. 

Next week I'm hoping to begin cleaning up the garden.  I always wait for spring to clean up the leaves and perennial debris.  It is nice to look at in the winter when covered in snow, but a lot of work to clean up in the spring.  After being inside for the winter, I look foward to sore muscles from doing yard work.  I also have a to do list for the garden.  I just hope that the snow melts so that I can start on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment