Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Great Black Iron Plant Stand

I bought this black iron plant stand at a garage sale last summer for $3.  I love the design on it!  It sometimes takes me awhile to figure out where I am going to put it.  I didn't want to put a plant on it.  I had something else in mind if only I could find what it was.  I left the stand in my garage until that idea came to me.

Well, during an estate sale this winter, I found a black iron flower for $5.  It was so lovely that I knew I would use it in my garden.  I put the flower on the plant stand and it looks like it was meant to be.  I love the look with it on my front porch.  It goes well with the black iron bistro set.  The corner of the porch where I put it needed something more.  This was it!  See, sometimes you buy something and don't really know what you are going to do with it until later on.  This was one of those times.  I just knew that I loved both pieces and they looked great together.

I took the picture the other day when it was nice and sunny and warm.  How that has changed since then.  Hopefully the sun and warmth will be back tomorrow.  I have my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment