Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm Having Fun!

I'm having fun going to sales.  Yesterday, I stopped at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry and found a great pin (looks vintage and definitely me) for $2.50 and a cute pair of earrings for $3.50.  The pin has a nice vintage look with pearls and rhinestones.  I then stopped at the Goodwill in McHenry and found 2 small seashell ring size boxes for $1 each.  I added them to my ever growing collection. 

Today was a super day with 2 church rummage sales.  In the morning, the sale was at the Presbyterian Church on Route 47 in Woodstock.  I found a vintage gold trimmed oval mirror tray for $3 (I always wanted one), a vintage Enesco lady planter for $1, 3 pairs of clip on earrings for 50 cents each and lots of books for the boys at 50 cents to $1 each.  They had a great collection of books to choose from.  The books I bought looked brand new.  They will be great to give as gifts.  In the evening, the Methodist Church in Crystal Lake had their rummage sale.  I found a few books (again for 50 cents each) and 2 shell boxes for 50 cents each that I will probably use to give gifts in.  They are really nice lidded baskets. 

Tomorrow is the Ringwood church rummage sale starting at 9am and then lots of garage sales in Woodstock and McHenry.  I can't wait to begin my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment