Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's Funny.....

It's funny how a collection starts.  I found a wonderful seashell topiary at the Sparrows Nest a few months back.  Since I love seashells, I had to buy it.  It now sits on top of my desk.  So today, Austin and I went to the Zion Lutheran Church rummage sale in McHenry and what did I see.  Another seashell topiary for $1.  I just had to buy it.  Does this mean that I have another collection?  We will just have to wait to see.

I found a few nice things.  I needed a small easel for pictures and I found one for 50 cents.  I found knitting/crochet needles for 10 cents each, 2 pins for 50 cents each (one was from Atlantic City.  I love finding things from New Jersey), and a small wooden stool for $1.  Austin found a Wii game for $3 that was never opened.  Since the day was so beautiful, finally, I went to Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake.  One of the vendors is leaving and her booth was 50% off.  I found a cute pink basket for about $3, a ceramic green basket for $2.50 and a 4 piece pottery dish collection for $5.  Then, I had to visit the Sparrows Nest in McHenry and found a vintage crochet doily for $4.  I was so thrilled to have found some great treasures today.

Tomorrow are 2 estate sales, one in McHenry and one in Crystal Lake.  On top of all of that, I am getting ready for Gardenfest on Saturday.  I even had time to rake the leaves in a few gardens in my yard.  I love getting out there in the early spring to get my hands dirty.  It always makes me feel so good.  I am hoping to finish up the garden clean up next week.

Thursday, April 11 are 2 rummage sales.  One is at the First Congregational Church on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake at 9am and the other is at 12 noon in Huntley.  I am so excited to have 2 sales on the same day.  The Cary Library book sale (and the McHenry Library sale) are on Saturday, April 20th.  The Crystal Lake Library book sale is on Saturday April 13th.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment