Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day Filled With Treasures

What a beautiful day it was!  Not only was the weather perfect, but there were sooooooo many sales.  I was out all day and must have stopped at over 50 sales.  Many were in subdivisions.  I found a few treasures along the way.  It was interesting to see that many of the sales did not have many items for sale. 

I took the kids after school to the rummage sale at Grace Lutheran Church in Woodstock.  I didn't think that there would be anything good left since we got there one hour after it started.  How wrong I was!  There was a table filled with milk glass for $2 to $4 each.  I bought so many to add to my collection.  I was so excited.  I also bought a tri fold vintage frame for $2, a mirrored tray for $1, some toys for the kids,  a vase for $2, vintage napkins for 25 cents, and jewelry.  Those items must have come from an estate sale that I went to a few weeks ago.  There were lots of vintage dishes there also.  I saw a cameo bracelet at the estate sale for $18 and didn't want to spend that much.  It was there at the rummage sale for 25 cents so of course I had to buy it.  I was surprised that no one had bought it yet.  I got a few other jewelry pieces that were priced from 25 cents to $1.  I just love rummage sales because of the treasures that you can find for good prices.  I now have to work on where I am going to put all of this milk glass.  I also found a milk glass cake plate for $2 at a garage sale today.  Other items I found were a lamb planter for $2, a giant white pottery turtle for $3, a vintage pyrex bowl with lid for 50 cents, two vintage plates for $2 each, and a sunflower cake plate.  After spending all day treasure hunting, I found the most and best treasures at the rummage sale.

Tomorrow is a rummage sale on Walkup in Crystal Lake (not far from Crystal Springs Road going towards Crystal Lake),  two estate sales and lots of garage sales.  I hope I can fit it all in.  I am sure going to try hard.  I hate to miss a sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment