Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In the Eighties Today

Since it was in the high eighties today, I did lots of gardening.  I had 3 perennial plants to get in the right place.  I moved them around a bit until I found where they would look best.  I also planted my tomato and hot pepper plants in my raised beds.  I was so excited to get that going.  I love tasting tomatoes off of the vine.  I can't wait for that!  I mostly planted different color cherry tomatoes and lots of yellow and orange tomatoes.  I love that they have low acid.  They taste amazing.

I also did some spray painting.  I had a vintage metal chair that I wanted to spray paint with Rustoleum Grass Green.  I love that color.  This is the first chair that I kept the arms white like it was originally.  Usually I just spray paint the whole thing.  It looks great.  I have it drying in the sun.  I retouched my other two chairs with the Grass Green paint where they were starting to peel and rust.  I got a lot done today.  The weather was beautiful and there was even a slight breeze.  I couldn't ask for a better day. 

1 comment:

  1. It's finally warmed up here! Love your painted chair-looks great!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete