Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Clear Skies for Rummage Sales

Finally, the rain has stopped and the day is bright and sunny.  Yesterday I spent all day cleaning up my basement that had 2" of water.  I never get water in my basement, but it happened.  The drains all clogged and my basement was the only place for it to go.  It's a good thing that I keep most of my treasures in plastic bins.  Even the items set aside for my garage sale were in plastic.  We were very fortunate and didn't lose anything.  The good side to all of this is that I got to throw out stuff and reorganize areas in the basement.  Austin and I worked on the play area and toys last week and had everything protected.  I'm glad we did all of that.  It pays to be super organized (I'm a little crazed with that, but it worked out this time.)

So, since today was a new day, Austin and I went to the Immanuel Lutheran rummage sale in Crystal Lake.  It felt good to stand and wait in the very hot sun.  What a difference a day makes!  Once inside, he ran for the toys (of course, since his new thing is Transformers, again.)  He did find one for 25 cents and another Nerf gun.  I don't know what it is with Nerf guns, but he needs one of every kind ever made.  I wonder where he gets that from?!!!

I found a few treasures, a GROW sign for $1 which is now on my front porch, an English sugar bowl for $1, an aluminum tray for $3 and an aluminum coaster set for 10 cents (wow), a Christmas apron for $1,  and purses for $1 each for their handles.  These handles were in different colors and textures then what I have so I had to get them for my felted purses.  I'm working hard on finishing one right now. I just have to work a little harder.

More garage sales tomorrow and I get to pick Ethan up from camp.  Two weeks was a long time and I'm really glad that he comes home tomorrow.  It wasn't the same without him.  (Just wait to goes away to college in a few years.......)

No comments:

Post a Comment