Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Unexpected Treasure

The kids and I went to visit my cousin Barb on Sunday.  When we were turning onto her street, we noticed that the whole block was having a garage sale.  How fun is that!  Ethan and I walked around to the houses and I found a beautiful milk glass cake plate for only $5.  It was in great condition.  You never know what you will find at any time.  Barb gave me a really pretty pink floral tray that looked vintage.  I love it!

We spent three hours today helping to set up the St. Mary's/Montini church rummage sale.  The boys worked really hard moving boxes up and down.  There are some really nice treasures there.  I did get a few necklaces and Austin found some toys.  I have never helped out at a rummage sale and was sooooo happy to be allowed to shop early.  We really appreciated that.  We're looking forward to the sale on Thursday.

I spent more time today cleaning out my china cabinets and removed duplicate milk glass pieces to sell at my garage sale.  They are all priced and wrapped for that future date.  I like to price and wrap the items as I store them, so that when I'm ready for the sale, it is all done.  It really saves time. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love finding unexpected garage sales! Especially when you leave with a treasure! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete