Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, July 12, 2013

A Few Treasures

I picked up a few treasures today.  I got the boys up bright and early to go to a church rummage sale in Harvard.  We found some toys and I found two pieces of jewelry for $1.50.  It was more of an Austin sale today.  We stopped at a garage sale in Harvard also.  I found a large toile fabric piece for $2. 

We then headed to a vintage sale in Marengo on Kishwaukee Valley Road.   They had some really neat items.  I bought all of the unfinished quilt tops. (from $2-$4 each).  I have plans for them.  (Usually I start the sewing projects in the fall when I have a few more minutes to spare).  I also found 4 cute drinking glasses for 50 cents each, a wonderful pink vase for $4, a cute rose pattern mini plate for 25 cents and a yellow vase for $2.  Except for being eaten by the mosquitoes, I had a nice time.  (The boys hid in the car from the mosquitoes the whole time.  I don't blame them).

I also managed to stop at an estate sale in Woodstock and found a vintage pin for $5. 

I am really really hoping to get to Cedarburg on Sunday for the flea market.  The weather is supposed to be perfect.  It would be the perfect way to spend the day!

Tomorrow is the Master Gardener gardenwalk that begins at the Demo garden at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  Tickets are $17 per person.  The day is supposed to be beautiful.  I will be working at garden F in Spring Grove.  I visited garden A today in Woodstock and it was absolutely amazing.  What a hidden gem from the street.  This Gardenwalk will be a great way to spend the day and will give you some ideas for your own garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment