Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chicago Botanic Garden Day

Today was the perfect day to visit the Chicago Botanic Garden.  Since we are members, Wednesday is a day for freebies.  I like freebies.  We rode the tram around the garden, saw the Butterflies and Blooms exhibit and walked through the Model Railroad exhibit.  We walked probably the whole garden.  Our favorites were the Japanese garden and the English walled garden.  We couldn't ask for a more perfect day.  Austin was amazed by the Atlas moth (in the butterfly exhibit).  It was definitely large.  The butterflies were beautiful, but it is somewhat creepy to have soooooo many flying at you and landing on you.  We didn't stay for long.

I am hoping to get to some garage sales in the next few days.  I am looking forward to one on Friday in Marengo that is a group of vintage girls selling their stuff for garage sale prices on Kishwaukee Valley Road.  Also, Sunday is the Cedarburg WI flea market.  The weather should be good for that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment