Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Garage Sale Preparation

I spent most of the day preparing the garage and outside for my 4 friends garage sale.  But, not before the kids and I went to the Calvary Church Rummage sale in Crystal Lake.  The boys were disappointed that they didn't find anything.  That's what happens sometimes.  I found some doilies that they lumped together for 50 cents, a glass turtle for Ethan for $1, vintage Christmas ornaments for $2 for the box, 3 Stooges ornaments for $1 and an angel thrown in.  Not bad for someone having a garage sale tomorrow to get rid of too much stuff.  We stopped at a garage sale on the way home and both the young boy selling lemonade and myself got stung by a bee.  All I could think about was will I be okay for my sale tomorrow?  (I'm fine.  The sale goes on.)

Mary and Donna brought over some treasures today.  I managed to find a great shabby garden frame from Mary.  We'll figure out the price tomorrow.   I have set up a garden area, toy area, etc. so that tomorrow I don't have to keep moving things around.  I put a yellow sign on a wooden ladder in my driveway to let everyone passing know that there will be a sale tomorrow.  There's a sign at the end of my block already too.

It's going to be fun!  It's always a lot of hard work, but the feeling is great when my house is organized and cleaned out.  Then, I can start looking for treasures again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment