Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, August 26, 2013

I Was Treasure Hunting

I did a little treasure hunting this weekend.  I don't always have time on the weekends to treasure hunt.  I usually do most of my treasure hunting on Thursday/Friday.  But, not this weekend.  I went to the Sparrows Nest in Cary on Saturday and they were having a 25% off storewide sale.  I found an aluminum Farber and Shlevin tray for $3 and a vintage pin for $3.  Really neat deals.

On Sunday, I stopped in at the third day for an estate sale in Woodstock.  I found 2 vintage Christmas tablecloths (one with 11 napkins) and 3 vintage porcelain plates.  All for $16.00.  I went home happy. 

I will start rearranging the rooms in my house and purging/redecorating soon.  I like fall cleaning!  I have some ideas for changing the treasures that I display.  I will post pictures as I go.  I am still in the back to school mode and have been trying to get my kids organized.  In another week I will be able to get back on track.

On Saturday, I made small tins of green tomato bread.  I usually freeze them.  It is really tasty.  The trick is finding green tomatoes that are still hard so that when you shred them, no seeds get into the bread.  (I have butternut squash bread frozen.  Another favorite.)  Today, I have spent most of the day making a meat sauce with vine ripe tomatoes.  The house smells soooo good!  I usually freeze about 8 containers for future quick meals.  With soccer season here, I need lots of quick meals.  I wasn't planning to make sauce when it is 90 degrees outside, but, when the tomatoes are ripe I have to work fast.  We will be having a delicious meal tonight with the green tomato and squash breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment