Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Garage Sales

We found a few sales today.  We planned on going back to Chris and Christina's sale that we visited yesterday.  They did put out some new items.  I found a seashell box with a handle (made into a purse) for 50 cents.  My treasure of the day.

I stopped in at the Sparrows Nest in Cary since I hadn't been there in over a month.  I found the cutest turtle pins for a total of $10 and a seashell purse for $4.  It seems that everyone is getting rid of their seashell items since summer is coming to an end.  (It is going by much tooooo quickly).

I keep monitoring the weather for Friday.  If it's going to be nice, I'm going to have a garage sale.  I want to get rid of some clothes/air hockey table and other items before the winter.  I have some plans for the basement and need to clean it up first.  I do hope that the weather will be nice.  I also have some gardening items to clean out.  I usually set up outside in the driveway since the garage isn't big enough to have a sale in.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.  I don't want to hold onto anything through the winter.  The pile always seems to grow bigger and bigger during the winter and then my basement is full.  I would rather purge now and enjoy the room.

I like having a one day sale.  I then have time to donate the remainder and shop more sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment