Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer's Winding Down

Where has the summer gone to?  As the kids get older, the summer seems to go by faster.  We spent the last weekend of summer break in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.  (Caldwell had a two day car race).

I really like Elkhart Lake.  The boys and I spent Saturday morning walking around the farmers market.  (It's open from 8:30-12:30 on Saturdays from June-Oct).  We bought lots of vegetables and baked goods.  I like this farmers market since it is a combination of seasonal produce, crafts and antiques.   We visited my favorite store there, Rhine St General.  They have a nice selection of crafts, new items, and antiques.  It's always fun seeing what they have.   We got to play some tennis and swim in the afternoon.  We also ate our share of ice cream.  That's always fun!

I look forward to this trip every August.  It is probably really beautiful there in the winter.  I hope to find that out.

Sept 20-21 is a Vintage Market sale at 6237 Linden Road in Rockford from 9-4pm.  My friend Cecilia and I went to the Spring market and had lots of fun.  The fall market is supposed to have more vendors and it is at a new, bigger location. 

Fall rummage sales will be starting in September.  I'm looking forward to those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment