Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, September 30, 2013

So Much Going On!

I am on my 3 week break from subbing and thought I would be getting things done.  I have had so many little things to do that I'm actually not getting my list completed.  I have also been busy lining up the presenters for Gardenfest.  That has also taken so much of my time.

As usual though, I did manage to find some treasures.  I stopped at a sale in McHenry that was held by a person that does estate sales.  This was at her house.  I bought so many vintage costume jewelry pieces.  I was in heaven.  For half price too!  I spent quite some time there.

On Saturday, Austin and stopped at a garage sale in Crystal Lake and I found this cute blue table for outside. (It was painted this great blue color that I didn't need to even paint it).  Couldn't pass up a $3 bargain.  It looks really cute between my blue and green vintage lawn chairs.

Sunday, we went to the last Elkhorn flea market.  It started out foggy and wet, but turned into the most beautiful day.  It was so crowded that we could hardly shop.  I did manage to find more costume jewelry and jewelry pieces (I want to try to make jewelry).    The boys found a few treasures.  Afterwards, we stopped at the Apple Barn in Elkhorn for their festival.  It was also crowded so we got something to eat and left.

Thursday is a rummage sale at the Methodist Church in McHenry.  Sunday is the last Cedarburg WI flea market.  So far the weather looks good.  I can't wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment