Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting Things Done

I accomplished a lot today.  First, I went to the Methodist Church rummage sale in McHenry.  It was really good this time.  I headed for the costume jewelry, as did all of the dealers, and just piled bags into my bag.  I got so many nice things.  Some I will use for when I create my own jewelry and some I will wear.  They were priced from 25 cents to $2.  I also found some books.  Amy Butler was one.  I love reading her books and seeing her style.  I like a lot of the same things she does.  I found the kids 2 Mario Halloween costumes for $2 each.  They go for $50 in the store.  I had been looking for them for years and finally found them today. I also found 2 vintage evening purses; one was velvet and the other has sequins. ($2 each).   So much fun.  I stopped at a few garage sales, but a few were closed because of the rain.  I went to one in McHenry and a friend that I have been working with at school was having it.  We talked for a while and she likes many of the things that I do.  Another treasure hunting friend!

In the afternoon, I finally finished 2 pillows for my living room in fall/winter colors.  They came out really nice.  I especially like the blue/brown color combination on the one.  I used some more vintage material yoyos and buttons on it.  The other pillow has some nice color combinations of flowers.  I used blue tassels that I bought from Material Girl in Crystal Lake to pick up some of the blue in the pillow.  I'm happy with that one also.

Sunday is the last Cedarburg Wisconsin flea market for the season.  I keep checking on the weather.  I want to go so badly that I'm not going to let it rain.  I don't mind the cold that's coming.  I just don't want the rain.  Rain, rain go away....

October 19th is the McHenry and Cary libraries book sales.  Both are good ones.   

No comments:

Post a Comment