Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Huntley Rummage Sale

Today was the Huntley church rummage sale.  I got there at 1pm and still found some treasures.  They had opened at 12noon while it was pouring.  I'm glad I got there at 1pm because the rain had slowed.

I found 3 vintage plates for $1 each, a few books for 50 cents to $1 each, fabric pieces for 50 cents to $1 each, doilies for $1, a Vogue pattern for 10 cents, a wood figure for 50 cents, a handpainted chicken vase for $3.50 and some sewing notions for 50 cents to $1 each.  I also found the cutest cow box (with udders) for $5.  I'm going to use it to put my mom's Christmas presents in.  It is perfect!  She will really love it.  We are always wanting the cow mailbox that my sister-in-law, Tina, has.  Now my mom has her own cow.  Maybe Tina will want this box.  It would make a nice planter (it only needs some holes in it for drainage).

Tomorrow is Autumn Drive in Woodstock.  It is supposed to be a nice day but on the cool side.  Perfect weather for a fall outing.  This weekend is the last event for Trail of History in McHenry.  It is worthwhile to see.  Lots of fun activities and vendors.  The Sparrows Nest stores have opened up their Christmas areas in the stores.  I know that Cary opened it on Tuesday.  Next week will be Woodstock and a few others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment