Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Was Craving......

I had a craving for my grandmother's pita with apple.  (Just like an apple pie.)  Since today was chilly, it seemed the perfect time to make it.  I love cinnamon, so I added a lot of it.  It was delicious.  We ate half of it after dinner.  It is easy to make.  I will be making another one of it this week since Ethan needs it for extra credit in Spanish class.  He needs to do a project on a deceased relative and if he brings in a recipe/food from that person, he will get extra credit.  Here is her recipe:  1 cup of sugar, 2 sticks of butter, 3 tbs sour cream, 1 tsp baking soda, 3-4 cups of flour.  Roll out the dough for 2 layers.  Filling:  slice apples and mix with cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar.  Lay 1 layer of dough in pan, fill with apples, put another layer of dough on top.  Bake at 400 degrees until brown.

That's it.  It's so easy and sooooo delicious.  Enjoy!

The kids and I went to the Cary Library book sale today.  We found so many good books.  I think I bought all of the knitting books.  I got half price since I am a teacher.  I just had to show my license.  It was nice to get good books for a great price.

The Methodist Church in Crystal Lake on Crystal Lake Avenue is having their rummage sale on Oct 24th.  3 rummage sales that day!  What could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment