Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Creating.........Jewelry

With my Christmas shopping and decorating complete, I wanted to start on some projects that have been sitting for a while.  I really want to start making vintage inspired jewelry and have been saving treasures to do that.

So, yesterday I sat down to try my hand at creating.  I made 3 bracelets and am so excited with the results.  I am tempted to resume my Etsy store in 2014.  I used vintage screw back and clip earrings, charms and necklace pieces to design these bracelets.  They lay nicely on my wrist and wear well.  I am hoping to try my ideas on necklaces soon.

I placed them on a seashell mirror frame that I'm using as a tray.  I found the mirror last week at the Ridgefield Antique shops in Ridgefield for $12 (near Crystal Lake) while looking for Christmas ornaments.  I can't pass up seashell anything no matter the time of year.  The bracelets look really nice laying on the mirror for these pictures. 

I'm also going to start making pillows again for different seasons.  I love to change out the pillows.  It can change the whole look of the room.  JoAnn Fabrics is having a big sale so I'll stock up on zippers and thread.  I'll keep you posted......

No comments:

Post a Comment