Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hope your New Year is filled with love, good health and happiness.    And warmth.  We have had soooo much snow recently and freezing temperatures that I have stayed inside and worked on some projects.  I am busy making pillows that I will post in a few days. 

I usually keep the Christmas decorations up until after Jan 7 (since I celebrate Serbian Orthodox Christmas on that day), but since the temperature has kept us inside, I finished putting it all away today.  I'm sorry to see it go.  I love Christmas.  It seems to have come and gone quicker than ever.
In its place, I decorated with red, pink and hearts for Valentine's day.  I love to display the upcoming holiday in advance so that I can enjoy it.  So, while the wind is howling tonight and blowing the snow around, I'm enjoying all that is Valentine's day decorating.  I have some great crochet pieces with roses on them in pink and red that I have chosen to display.  They are so wonderful to look at.  I'm always on the lookout for crochet doilies.

I'm lining up projects to work on.  I'm sure that I'll have a lot of time in the next few weeks to work on them since the cold will keep me inside feeling crafty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment