Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Sewing Pillows

Another few days of sewing more pillows.  The unfinished quilt tops are fabulous.  I didn't want to just leave them in a drawer, so I finished the edges and made them into pillows.  I bought the unfinished quilt tops at a garage sale this summer and knew right away that they would make great pillow covers.  I love to sew pillows.   You can get as creative as you want with them.  They make quick changes to any décor.  I change them seasonally in my home, but I always manage to keep some of my favorites out all year long.


I stock up with zippers at JoAnn Fabrics when I have 50% off coupons.  I used fabric from my stock for the back.  I'm always buying fabric at sales even though my closet is pretty full.


I wanted to mention that the Gardenfest brochure is on the website for McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.  The class listing is extensive and the classes cover so many different gardening topics.  I'm so pleased with how well the planning has come along.  This will be a great Gardenfest.  I hope all of you plan on being there on April 5!


There is a gardening weekend Feb 7- 9 in Madison Wisconsin at the Alliant Energy Center.  It sounds like a fun weekend or day trip.  Melinda Myers is giving a few classes and I have always wanted to hear her presentations.  There are quite a few gardening workshops in the next few months.  For those of us who can't wait to get our hands into the dirt, these classes are lifesavers.  It makes spring seem right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment