Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thinking of Summer.......

It's another day inside with -14 degrees this morning and a high forecast of 4 degrees.  Another day that the boys are off of school.  Boy are they excited!  So, I'm thinking ahead to warmer days and summertime by the water.  When I woke up this morning, the thermostat had stopped working and my second floor was 42 degrees.  It has taken most of the day today to warm back up. 


I was sewing in my chilly room, but hoping that thoughts of the beach would warm me up.  (I managed to sew through the chills).  I made 2 pillows today with a sailboat/water theme.  I had purchased the unfinished boat quilt pieces from a garage sale this past summer and knew that I wanted to make them into a pillow.  I used blue sailboat fabric that I also found a while back at a sale for the back of the pillow.  I had to finish the quilt blocks with blue and red borders.  They came out really nice.  I just may keep these for myself. 


When I bought the boat unfinished quilt pieces, I also bought other unfinished quilt pieces.  I was just looking through my fabric collection and found some pieces to finish them with.  More pillows are on the way.....


But I'm taking a break now to eat the brownies that just finished baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment