Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vintage Linen Heaven

Today I was in vintage linen heaven!  I stopped by the Sparrows Nest in Cary and found racks and racks plus a table full of all kinds of vintage linens.  My heart started to beat....faster and faster.  Each one was on a hanger neatly pressed and the smaller ones were folded on a table.  I love vintage linens of all kinds.  I tried to be good and particular....so I passed up ones that I had similar ones of at home.  The prices were fine on some, but really high on others.  That was a factor for me also.    I bought a few tablecloths (I found another really huge one today) in summer/spring colors, some embroidered doilies with butterflies and flowers, 2 handkerchiefs (1 of North Carolina that was embroidered) and a tiny tiny crochet piece.  There were many crochet pieces also, but my favorites are hand embroidered.  They also had lots of towels and aprons.  I stopped collecting towels to focus on the others that I liked more.  To make things even better, they were 20% off today.  Prices ranged from 50 cents to $8.  There were a few that were higher priced, but I didn't purchase them.  I'll have to look at them another day if they are still there.


I have a few of them soaking in my blend of 5 scoops of Oxyclean and hot water in the washer.  I bought a few that had stains on them and I want to see if I can get them out.  I couldn't pass them up since they were really beautiful and unique.  Stains are something that most vintage linens have and they don't bother me.  I try to lighten them up if I can't remove them.  I like to change the linens seasonally so some of them were blue in color to use in the summer.  Not all of the linens had stains on them.  Some looked like they were never used.  One of the tablecloths has hand embroidered sunflowers on it.  I don't usually buy linen tablecloths, but this one was really pretty that I had to.


The past two days I have been finding vintage linens.  Last year I found them at the beginning of the treasure hunting season and then not again for the rest of the season.  I hope that's not the case this time.  I'll make sure that I buy them when I see them.  They are too hard to resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment