Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Snow is Melting.....

The snow is finally starting to melt and the sales have begun.  I went to both rummage sales in Prairie Grove and Cary this week.  I did find some really nice treasures.  They were both really crowded just like I knew it would be.  It always is with the first rummage sales of the season.  I had time to catch up with my rummage sale friends.  It was nice to see them.

I found a hammered aluminum sailboat tray, some fabric, a silverware wooden box with silverware and other items in it.  I'll keep a few things and then sell the rest on Ebay.  I only spent $6 at each rummage sale.  I love rummage sales!  The next Faith Community United Church of Christ rummage sale in Prairie Grove is Sept 11-12.

I stopped at an estate sale in Woodstock and found the best treasures: a Westmoreland milk glass creamer and sugar bowl, 2 vintage glass coffee pots (just like my Baba had), sugar cookie molds, a collectible liquor bottle for my dad, a huge glass flower frog, a seashell box, a shaker for powdered sugar and a mixed drink shaker.  I even found a wooden handled clipper for the garden that was only $1.  For $22, I found lots of treasures that were all reasonably priced.

We managed to stop at the Algonquin library book sale on Friday night and then on Saturday morning where Ethan found a few video games.  Austin found and bought most of the Star Trek videos and books.  The prices are so wonderful.  Tomorrow is their bag sale.  The next sale is July 17-20.  There were no knitting books so I was a little disappointed, but we still had a good time.  Cookies and lemonade at the end always hit the spot.

Keep checking the newspaper or online for upcoming sales. There is a Caring Transitions estate sale in McHenry next week.  Happy treasure hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment